60 MW Wind Power Project in Karnataka, India
This is a 60 MW wind power project located in the Indian state of Karnataka, promoted by Orange Mamatkheda Wind Private Limited. The project consists of 30 wind turbine generators of 2 MW each generating clean electricity with utilization of wind energy.
The project has conducted an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) study in line with the IFC guidelines while engaging local community through frequent stakeholder consultations. It has played an important role in reducing CO2 emissions by generating 140 GWh of clean electricity annually, which is equivalent to powering 32,500 households every year.
Orange Renewable as a socially responsible organization is dedicated to CSR initiatives to improve the quality of life in the projects vicinity. Along these lines, Orange Renewable consistently invests in the following thematic areas:
- Enhancing the quality of Education
- Supporting the "Clean India" initiative of the Government of India by investing in Sanitary infrastructure in schools and community centers
- Augmenting medical and health care facilities
- Potable water supply infrastructure
- Employment Generation
- Women Empowerment
- Safeguarding Environment
In keeping with the above thematic focus, the following specific initiatives have been undertaken in the project vicinity:
- Distribution of necessary infrastructure such as furniture in the local secondary school benefitting over 150 children.
- Water tank along with water purifier system has been installed at the Gurumitkal Police station, providing easy access to clean & safe drinking water, benefitting the staff and public at large.
- Tree plantation drives in schools, sub-stations and public places are conducted on a regular basis, to create awareness/sensitivity towards protection of environment.
- The Company is supporting 100 cancer affected children every year on a pan-India basis under the project "Adopt a Child (AAC)" of the "CanKids Kidscan" initiative, whose vision is to give a fair chance of survival to children who otherwise would have died for want of treatment.
- Free medical eye camps have been organized by the PP on a regular basis benefitting more than 500+ locals till date.
- The Company helped paint the school building of a local primary school at Chapetla village of Yadgir District in Karnataka.
- The project has led to direct employment generation for 31 persons on a permanent basis (including security personnel, supervisors & engineers), out of which 20 employees were hired locally.
Orange Renewable has been recognized jointly by Sustainable Maharashtra, INDIRA, World CSR Day and World Federation of CSR professionals agencies in the "India Sustainability Leadership Summit and Awards" with "Sustainable Carbon Management Practice Award" and "Sustainable Community Leadership Award" in 2017 for remarkable sustainable development.
Orange Renewable CSR outreach spans to more than 50 villages and is impacting close to 30,000 lives of 6000 families in 7 states of India. The group has successfully constructed close to 220 km of roads at various project locations. More than 550 km of transmission lines have been built at its project sites to enable electricity to reach the main grids. More importantly, the group has generated employment for more than 3,000 people in the remote areas in the country around its projects directly or indirectly.
Orange Mamatkheda Wind Private Limited