22.5 MW Wind Power Project in Rajasthan, India
This 22.5 MW wind power project uses renewable energy to generate clean electricity. Based in the Indian state of Rajasthan and promoted by Orange DND Wind Power Private Limited, this project has played an important role in reducing CO2 emissions by generating 45 GWh of clean electricity annually – the equivalent of powering 10,500 households every year.
Project impacts and benefits:
This project is dedicated to Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to improve the quality of life in the projects vicinity. It engages the local communities through frequent consultations and consistently invests in the following thematic areas:
- Enhancing the quality of education
- Supporting the "Clean India" initiative of the Government of India by investing in sanitary infrastructure in schools and community centers
- Augmenting medical and health care facilities
- Potable water supply infrastructure
- Employment generation
- Women empowerment
- Safeguarding environment
It has also has conducted an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) study in line with the International Finance Corporation guidelines to assess the impact of its project. The project has delivered:
- Distribution of essential school equipment to Sr. Higher Secondary School, Rampuriya village benefitting over 150 children. Bicycles were also distributed to 30 school girls helping to improve mobility.
- Construction of two separate toilet blocks for boys and girls in Sr. Higher Secondary School, Rampuriya village, benefitting 450 students.
Access to clean water:
- A bore well along with submersible pump and 1 water storage tank was established at Sr. Secondary School Ambirama, providing a safe source of water for drinking and domestic purposes (cooking, washing and sanitation) for over 850 students and local people.
- A 500-meter water pipe line has been laid down to provide safe and clean water to 100 girls based in a Government run hostel to promote tribal girl’s education in the Pratapgarh district in the tribal region of Rajasthan. The company has also provided 2 water tanks to store water.
- Water tank and purifier system has been installed at the Devgarh Police station and Salamgarh Police station, providing easy access to clean and safe drinking water, benefitting the staff and public at large.
- Tree plantation drives in schools, sub-stations and public places are conducted on a regular basis, to create awareness/sensitivity towards protection of environment.
- The Company supports 100 children every year suffering from cancer under the project “Adopt a Child (AAC)” of the “CanKids Kidscan” initiative, whose mission is to give a fair chance of survival to children who otherwise would have died for want of treatment.
- A pre-cancer test and counselling camp was organsed in partnership with Akhil Bhartiya Yuva Manch Delhi, District Hospital and Cancer society. The drive benefitted around 350 people.
- Organised a medical camp in Rampuriya village benefitting 450 people wherein it:
- Provided both preventive and curative treatment for common diseases and health problems among the community.
- Spread awareness on HIV/AIDS, diabetes, sexually transmitted infections, reproductive tract infections, tuberculosis (TB), cancer and other ailments.
- Spread awareness on personal hygiene in prevention of serious disabling diseases such as eye, dental, and skin disease, which are prevalent in the area due to dust and lack of adequate water.
- The medical camp also encouraged use of available nutritious food products in the area; and discourage drug/substance abuse among the community.
- Blood tests to check blood count, hemoglobin, and sugar levels.
Community awareness campaigns have been organised for both World AIDS day and World Cancer Day. Helping to raise awareness through education and advocacy, and to help end any stigma or prejudice attached to these illnesses.
This project has created permanent jobs for 88 people (including security personnel, supervisors & engineers), out of which 55 employees were hired locally.
Orange Renewable has been recognized jointly by Sustainable Maharashtra, INDIRA, World CSR Day and World Federation of CSR professionals agencies in the “India Sustainability Leadership Summit and Awards” with “Sustainable Carbon Management Practice Award” and “Sustainable Community Leadership Award” in 2017 for remarkable sustainable development.
Orange Renewable CSR outreach spans to more than 50 villages and is impacting close to 30,000 lives of 6000 families in 7 states of India. The group has successfully constructed close to 220 km of roads at various project locations. More than 550 km of transmission lines have been built at its project sites to enable electricity to reach the main grids. More importantly, the group has generated employment for more than 3,000 people in the remote areas in the country around its projects directly or indirectly.
Orange Renewable Power Pvt Ltd